Sunday 23 November 2008

Save the bees and feed the hungry !

An angel who inspired the world



''Brenden Foster spoke, and hundreds answered. Eleven year old Brenden Foster died on Friday, 21 November 2008, but throughout this world he will be remembered always. His darkest hour was his brightest light. This is a story as much of his words as it is of his deeds. His dying wish was to help the homeless. "They're probably starving, so give 'em a chance, food and water." It has become a national movement. He had one more wish, and that was to sprinkle wildflower seeds to save the bees. He had heard that the bees were dying off. His wish was answered by a retired pilot who asked his flying friends to sprinkle wild flower seeds around the world on Brenden's behalf. He spoke with the wisdom of ages. Of that which made him feel sad, he had said was, "When someone gives up." His advice was, "Follow your dreams. Don't let anything stop you." Asked what he thought the best things in life are, he said, "Just having one." If we can learn anything in this life, we can be inspired to do so by this young man. Three years ago, doctors diagnosed Brenden with leukemia. His body may have been held back but his spirit excelled far beyond the dreams of most of us. On death, "It happens. It's natural," He said. "I should be gone in a week or so", he had said. "I had a great time. And until my time comes, I'm going to keep having a great time," he said. I heard that he saw angels coming for him three times in the night before he left us. Then Brenden took his darkest hour and turned it into the brightest of light that truly can inspire the world.''




How could you even describe the impact this one wee person has made...He might have been just a special kid, he might have been only little, but what he did was beyond words and what he gave us will last an eternity. RIP B-Man ...

4 komentari:

Unknown said...

Oh, I share your sorrow...and your hope. Like so many others, I cried when I saw the tribute to Brenden on CNN and our local station on Sunday night. He was one of the bravest of the brave. Saving the bees is a good thing to do in his honour, for sure.

JGH said...

I was also following his story. It was so touching and heartwrenching to hear that he died.

Colleen said...

Ohhhh man. That has me in tears.

What a sweet sweet boy.

I will be thinking of him while I buy seeds for the bees next spring. And see what I can do about the homeless in my town,now.

Thank you so much for posting this Violet.

garden girl said...

what a beautiful story Violet. Thank you for sharing it.

Infolinks In Text Ads

Traffic Feed